Saturday, January 31, 2009

Panther Paws



This is my first set of creative cupcakes, which I made in January for the Panthers second round playoff game. Looking back on it, they weren't anything all that special, but at the time they seemed remarkably clever. I tinted the frosting with blue dye until I matched the Panthers color and used frosting in a can to make the paws and numbers. I only knew the numbers of three players: Jake Delhomme (17), Steve Smith (89) and Julius Peppers (90), so they each went on three cupcakes.

Sadly, the Panthers went on to not only lose this game, but to suffer a loss so embarrasing that we turned the game off halfway through the second quarter. The only redeeming part of the night was that we got to vindictively "eat a Jake" to make ourselves feel better. They did taste great though!

No comments:

Post a Comment